craftleft.gif (3002 bytes)QuickTable
Home | API | Tutorial | Download | Support | Contact topblack.gif (108 bytes)

QuickTable User Cp  |  Register  |  Members  |  Search  |  Help
    |- QuickTable Discussion Forums > General QuickTable Support/Help Post New Topic   Post A Reply
how can I retain vertical scrollbar position on refresh? printer friendly version
next newest post | next oldest post
Author Messages
SamB
Private

Click here to see the profile for SamB Send email to SamB Send private message to SamB Find more posts by SamB Edit or delete this message Reply w/Quote
Posted Wednesday, May 25, 2011 @ 08:11:16  

Whenever I call dBTable1.refresh() to re-fetch data from the database the vertical scroll bar
always goes back to the top. How can I make it stay where it was before the refresh() call,
with the appropriate row still showing? I tried putting a dBTable1.useOldColumnProperties(true)
just before the refresh but nothing changed.
Admin
Board Owner

Click here to see the profile for Admin Send email to Admin Send private message to Admin Find more posts by Admin Edit or delete this message Reply w/Quote
Posted Saturday, May 28, 2011 @ 02:20:40  

you can scroll to the row using scrollToCell(int row, int column)
SamB
Private

Click here to see the profile for SamB Send email to SamB Send private message to SamB Find more posts by SamB Edit or delete this message Reply w/Quote
Posted Tuesday, May 31, 2011 @ 09:44:51  

OK, so how do I determine which row is top (or other) visible row before I do the refresh??

Then I presume I can do a save - refresh - scrollto sequence.

These are read-only tables, so I cant count on the user having actually selected a row.

Admin
Board Owner

Click here to see the profile for Admin Send email to Admin Send private message to Admin Find more posts by Admin Edit or delete this message Reply w/Quote
Posted Wednesday, June 1, 2011 @ 21:58:45  

to get position use

Point upperLeft = scrollPane.getViewPort().getViewPosition();
int firstVisibleRow = table.rowAtPoint(upperLeft);
int firstVisibleColumn = table.columnAtPoint(upperLeft);

To get scrollpane used by quicktable , try dbTable.getTable().getParent(); I haven't tried this. use this idea.

Contact Us | QuickTable - A Java DBGrid | Privacy Policy All times are GMT -5 Hours.
Welcome to QuickTable Forums, Guest!  
Login
Username :
Password :
In order to fully utilize the abilities of this board, you are required to register as a member. Registration is free, and allows you to do lots of things including turning on or off certain features of this board. Register now!