craftleft.gif (3002 bytes)QuickTable
Home | API | Tutorial | Download | Support | Contact topblack.gif (108 bytes)

QuickTable User Cp  |  Register  |  Members  |  Search  |  Help
    |- QuickTable Discussion Forums > General QuickTable Support/Help Post New Topic   Post A Reply
Multi-line data rows printer friendly version
next newest post | next oldest post
Author Messages
ankhman
Private

Click here to see the profile for ankhman Send email to ankhman Send private message to ankhman Find more posts by ankhman Edit or delete this message Reply w/Quote
Posted Thursday, June 12, 2008 @ 10:52:09  

First off, I have just started using QuickTable and find it very useful. Thanks for such a product. I am able to generate a multi-line header (non-database mode), but this does not seem to work with values in the table? I also could not get the CSV reader to work with my data so I ended up using JavaCSV instead (which works great BTW). Here is a short snippet of data that I want to display into a QuickTable

#,"Original Owner
Legal Description
Street Address , City
Representative & Time"
1,"Krystal D Kolenovsky
Lot Block 11 Algoa 15
18420 Herrington Rd , New York
Bill Myer from 10-1"
2,"Pam Burns
Lot 18 Block 3 Chase Park 4
4802 Chase Stone Dr , New Jersey
Robert Gobert from 10-1"

Admin
Board Owner

Click here to see the profile for Admin Send email to Admin Send private message to Admin Find more posts by Admin Edit or delete this message Reply w/Quote
Posted Thursday, June 12, 2008 @ 11:16:26  

You need to set the column type to LONGVARCHAR in order to show data in multiline.

dbTable.getColumn(1).setType(java.sql.Types.LONGVARCHAR)

Also refer
http://quicktable.org/discussion/cutecast/cutecast.pl?forum=8&thread=485

Let me know if quicktable is not parsing the data properly.

ankhman
Private

Click here to see the profile for ankhman Send email to ankhman Send private message to ankhman Find more posts by ankhman Edit or delete this message Reply w/Quote
Posted Friday, June 13, 2008 @ 10:08:49  

Setting of the column type to LONGVARCHAR did help
i.e.
dbTable.getColumn(1).setType(java.sql.Types.LONGVARCHAR)

I also made the rowHeight taller to accomodate the data, but each
line is not wrapping properly (like the multi-line headers are doing
correctly)? I follow exactly what you were telling me and this
should work, but does not for some reason. I read this same data
into Excel and into OpenOffice and both handle it properly.

I saw in your referenced thread the following, do you happen to know
which class library makes reference to "Field"? I was not able to
resolve this in Eclipse.
searchTable.getTable().setRowHeight(Field.DEFAULT_HEIGHT_3_LINES);

Thanks for the assistance

Admin
Board Owner

Click here to see the profile for Admin Send email to Admin Send private message to Admin Find more posts by Admin Edit or delete this message Reply w/Quote
Posted Friday, June 13, 2008 @ 13:54:28  

Field.DEFAULT_HEIGHT_3_LINES is from a user specific code. You can use something like
searchTable.getTable().setRowHeight(75);

When you say it is not properly wrapping, did you mean the cell has enough height to wrap text in multiple line, but still the text is not wrapped?

ankhman
Private

Posted Friday, June 13, 2008 @ 15:16:10  

Each row has enough width and height and yet it was not wrapping. I looked into this further and discovered that the file had ^M characters in the file (in lieu of newlines)? I use a Mac which uses new line characters
(since its based on UNIX). The PCs (which I guess got this bad habit from a typewriter) uses carriage control and then a line feed (new line). I don't know where in the process of generating my file the new lines got changed, but its nice to know QuickTable does work correctly now. Its interesting thought that Excel and OpenOfice read my original file (maybe because the apps are cross platform).
Contact Us | QuickTable - A Java DBGrid | Privacy Policy All times are GMT -5 Hours.
Welcome to QuickTable Forums, Guest!  
Login
Username :
Password :
In order to fully utilize the abilities of this board, you are required to register as a member. Registration is free, and allows you to do lots of things including turning on or off certain features of this board. Register now!