craftleft.gif (3002 bytes)QuickTable
Home | API | Tutorial | Download | Support | Contact topblack.gif (108 bytes)

QuickTable User Cp  |  Register  |  Members  |  Search  |  Help
    |- QuickTable Discussion Forums > CellEditor/Renderer Post New Topic   Post A Reply
Commit changes when the selcted row is changed printer friendly version
next newest post | next oldest post
Author Messages
lhyna
Private

Click here to see the profile for lhyna Send email to lhyna Send private message to lhyna Find more posts by lhyna Edit or delete this message Reply w/Quote
Posted Wednesday, March 5, 2008 @ 10:59:06  

Hi!!! I'm trying to invoke an update to a DB when the row data has been modified, so I was thinking to commit it when the row selected is changed. i was looking at the examples, api or code if there is any way to do this, can u help me? till now i've been looking the method afterRowSelectionChange, but with no results. :(

--------------------
Lhyna

Admin
Board Owner

Click here to see the profile for Admin Send email to Admin Send private message to Admin Find more posts by Admin Edit or delete this message Reply w/Quote
Posted Wednesday, March 5, 2008 @ 12:22:26  

QuickTable automatically updates & commits database whenever the user moves away from the modified row. have you turned off autocommit. If yes, then in afterRowSelectionChange, you need to call commit.
lhyna
Private

Click here to see the profile for lhyna Send email to lhyna Send private message to lhyna Find more posts by lhyna Edit or delete this message Reply w/Quote
Posted Wednesday, March 5, 2008 @ 15:12:53  

Maybe i hadn't explain myself before (sorry)
The application I'm working at has a three tier architecture so i'm not using the functionalities of the grid to connect to the database, I'm just using the grid in the GUI tier. but i couldn't find an event that tells me when the selected row has been changed, in which I'm gonna introduce the code to commit in my db. could u please help me?
Admin
Board Owner

Click here to see the profile for Admin Send email to Admin Send private message to Admin Find more posts by Admin Edit or delete this message Reply w/Quote
Posted Wednesday, March 5, 2008 @ 22:38:01  

You have to use DatabaseChangeListener class.

Refer the following sample code
http://quicktable.org/discussion/cutecast/cutecast.pl?forum=14&thread=297

lhyna
Private

Posted Thursday, March 6, 2008 @ 10:23:33  

Hi, yesterday I was like blocked, but today I made a few changes and it work perfect, here is the code if anyone want to commit changes when the selected row change.

class MyCellListener implements DBTableCellListener {

private quick.dbtable.DBTable tbl;
private MstrDlrListRWU update;
private int theRow;

public MyCellListener(quick.dbtable.DBTable tbla, MstrDlrListRWU upd) {
super();
this.tbl = tbla;
this.update = upd;
this.theRow=0;
}

public Object cellValueChanged(int row, int col, Object oldValue, Object newValue) {
if(this.theRow!=row){
System.out.println("update"+this.theRow);
this.theRow=row;
System.out.println("new row"+this.theRow);
}
return newValue;
}
}

Contact Us | QuickTable - A Java DBGrid | Privacy Policy All times are GMT -5 Hours.
Welcome to QuickTable Forums, Guest!  
Login
Username :
Password :
In order to fully utilize the abilities of this board, you are required to register as a member. Registration is free, and allows you to do lots of things including turning on or off certain features of this board. Register now!