craftleft.gif (3002 bytes)QuickTable
Home | API | Tutorial | Download | Support | Contact topblack.gif (108 bytes)

QuickTable User Cp  |  Register  |  Members  |  Search  |  Help
    |- QuickTable Discussion Forums > UI , Look and Feel, Colors, Navigation, font, Locale Post New Topic   Post A Reply
dbtable controlpanel printer friendly version
next newest post | next oldest post
Author Messages
khan379
Corporal

Click here to see the profile for khan379 Send email to khan379 Send private message to khan379 Find more posts by khan379 Edit or delete this message Reply w/Quote
Posted Tuesday, February 19, 2008 @ 14:52:08  

Hi
Is ther a way I can add components(button or statusfield etc) beside the dbtables control panel? i want to add my own controls at the bottm. so is there a way i use the space beside the dbtable's control panel?

--------------------
A H Khan

Admin
Board Owner

Click here to see the profile for Admin Send email to Admin Send private message to Admin Find more posts by Admin Edit or delete this message Reply w/Quote
Posted Wednesday, February 20, 2008 @ 23:00:19  

You can create your own customized navigation panel. All the actions for next , previous etc are implemented as functions next(), last() etc. You can easily invoke them.

You can use DBTableEventListener.afterRowSelectionChange(int fromRow, int toRow) to listen for row selection and update the row in the row number text field.

Do not call createControlPanel(), so that the default one will not be created.

khan379
Corporal

Click here to see the profile for khan379 Send email to khan379 Send private message to khan379 Find more posts by khan379 Edit or delete this message Reply w/Quote
Posted Thursday, February 21, 2008 @ 12:42:28  

yes i understand. but i think there should be a way to get hold of the controlpanel component. i might not be putting my questions clear but,
now createControlPanel(), returns void. if it can return the JComponent(child component) of DBTable then i guess i can do anything with it.

Thanks,

--------------------
A H Khan

Admin
Board Owner

Click here to see the profile for Admin Send email to Admin Send private message to Admin Find more posts by Admin Edit or delete this message Reply w/Quote
Posted Sunday, February 24, 2008 @ 19:16:31  

A new method getControlPanel() is added which will return the JPanel used by control panel. Please download latest version.
khan379
Corporal

Posted Monday, February 25, 2008 @ 10:56:06  

Thank you very much! that will save some space for me!

--------------------
A H Khan

Contact Us | QuickTable - A Java DBGrid | Privacy Policy All times are GMT -5 Hours.
Welcome to QuickTable Forums, Guest!  
Login
Username :
Password :
In order to fully utilize the abilities of this board, you are required to register as a member. Registration is free, and allows you to do lots of things including turning on or off certain features of this board. Register now!