craftleft.gif (3002 bytes)QuickTable
Home | API | Tutorial | Download | Support | Contact topblack.gif (108 bytes)

QuickTable User Cp  |  Register  |  Members  |  Search  |  Help
    |- QuickTable Discussion Forums > General QuickTable Support/Help Post New Topic   Post A Reply
adding a scroll bar to QuickTable printer friendly version
next newest post | next oldest post
Author Messages
sandeep.bhatt
Private

Click here to see the profile for sandeep.bhatt Send email to sandeep.bhatt Send private message to sandeep.bhatt Find more posts by sandeep.bhatt Edit or delete this message Reply w/Quote
Posted Thursday, April 26, 2007 @ 06:41:03  

Hi

this may seem a dumb question

how do i add a scroll bar to QuickTable

or quicktable doesnt have the capability

Admin
Board Owner

Click here to see the profile for Admin Send email to Admin Send private message to Admin Find more posts by Admin Edit or delete this message Reply w/Quote
Posted Monday, April 30, 2007 @ 01:34:37  

scrollbar will be automatically added once the data exceeds the table view.
jamen
Unregistered
Edit or delete this message Reply w/Quote
Posted Tuesday, September 11, 2007 @ 17:25:22  

My Scrollbar went away when I added code to automatically resize the table to fit the underlying panel. Now I can't get it back no matter how small I squeeze the width. Is there a manual way to force a scrollbar? Always?
Admin
Board Owner

Click here to see the profile for Admin Send email to Admin Send private message to Admin Find more posts by Admin Edit or delete this message Reply w/Quote
Posted Tuesday, September 11, 2007 @ 22:22:21  

can you remove the code for automatically resize?

can you send me what resize option you enabled?

jamen
Corporal

Click here to see the profile for jamen Send email to jamen Send private message to jamen Find more posts by jamen Edit or delete this message Reply w/Quote
Posted Wednesday, September 12, 2007 @ 09:59:01  

btw, thanks for the quick reply!

I created a class that extends JPanel and then put each of these on a tabbed frame. I want(ed) the dbtable to resize itself when the application main frame was resized.

/************** this is the method that the component resize event calls in the main (parent) class *************
public void jTab_Pane_componentResized(ComponentEvent e) {
pnlReference.setSize(e.getComponent().getSize());
pnlOperators.setSize(e.getComponent().getSize());
}

/*********** this is in the extended class ***********
private void setQtableSize(int w, int h) {

if (w > 10) {
w = w - 10;
}
if (h > 10) {
h = h - 10;
}

// This seems really bogus but it doesn't work without it since setting 'setSize()' by itself does nothing.
qTable.setPreferredSize(new Dimension(w, h));

// Force it to re-layout
this.validate();

}

Admin
Board Owner

Posted Wednesday, September 12, 2007 @ 20:56:30  

set the layout of the container to border layout and add dbtable to center of border layout. it will resize automatically, you don't need to do anything.
jamen
Corporal

Click here to see the profile for jamen Send email to jamen Send private message to jamen Find more posts by jamen Edit or delete this message Reply w/Quote
Posted Wednesday, September 12, 2007 @ 22:02:15  

OK, I'll have to work through the stack of panels. I'm not in front of the code now, its possible that its using a flow layout since that's JBuilders default but my intent was to use borderlayout. I'll post my results in the morning.

Thanks again for the interaction.

jamen
Corporal

Posted Thursday, September 13, 2007 @ 13:33:24  

You were right. Once I declared the layout to be borderlayout it worked as expected.

Thanks

Contact Us | QuickTable - A Java DBGrid | Privacy Policy All times are GMT -5 Hours.
Welcome to QuickTable Forums, Guest!  
Login
Username :
Password :
In order to fully utilize the abilities of this board, you are required to register as a member. Registration is free, and allows you to do lots of things including turning on or off certain features of this board. Register now!