craftleft.gif (3002 bytes)QuickTable
Home | API | Tutorial | Download | Support | Contact topblack.gif (108 bytes)

QuickTable User Cp  |  Register  |  Members  |  Search  |  Help
    |- QuickTable Discussion Forums > Events/Actions Post New Topic   Post A Reply
Disable keystrokes printer friendly version
next newest post | next oldest post
Author Messages
jfaath
Private

Click here to see the profile for jfaath Send email to jfaath Send private message to jfaath Find more posts by jfaath Edit or delete this message Reply w/Quote
Posted Tuesday, May 3, 2005 @ 13:09:54  

Is there a way to disable the default keystrokes? For example, pressing F3 seems to bring up the "Find" screen but I need F3 for another menu item. Attempting to assign the F3 accelerator to my menu item results in nothing happening when F3 is pressed.

Another thing I noticed is when I first start the application, pressing F3 brings up the "Find" dialog, but after I close it this dialgo, pressing F3 no longer does anything.

Thanks,

JF

Admin
Board Owner

Click here to see the profile for Admin Send email to Admin Send private message to Admin Find more posts by Admin Edit or delete this message Reply w/Quote
Posted Wednesday, May 4, 2005 @ 22:33:47  

To disable the required keystrokes, first unregister and then add your own keystrokes

Example

Code:
dbTable.getTable().unregisterKeyboardAction(KeyStroke.getKeyStroke(KeyEvent.VK_F3,0));

F3 not showing the find window the second time is a bug. It will be fixed in next release.

baric
Unregistered
Edit or delete this message Reply w/Quote
Posted Tuesday, April 18, 2006 @ 03:43:20  

I've tried to unregister Tab-Key as suggested:

getTable().unregisterKeyboardAction(KeyStroke.getKeyStroke(KeyEvent.VK_TAB,0));

However, this does not disable this key.

Admin
Board Owner

Click here to see the profile for Admin Send email to Admin Send private message to Admin Find more posts by Admin Edit or delete this message Reply w/Quote
Posted Tuesday, April 18, 2006 @ 08:40:09  

There are two types of keys. Some keys are added by quicktable Ctrl+F etc. Some are java JTable keys example TAB. QuickTable key events can be disabled using unregisterKeyboardAction. If you want to catch the TAB key, you need to use the InputMap

Code:

JTable table = dbTable.getTable();
table.getInputMap(JTable.WHEN_ANCESTOR_OF_FOCUSED_COMPONENT).put(KeyStroke.­getKeyStroke("TAB"), "disableTab");

//the code below may not be needed
//add this code only if the above line creates any exception
table.getActionMap().put("disableTab", new AbstractAction()
{
public void actionPerformed(ActionEvent e)
{
//don't do any thing
}
}

Contact Us | QuickTable - A Java DBGrid | Privacy Policy All times are GMT -5 Hours.
Welcome to QuickTable Forums, Guest!  
Login
Username :
Password :
In order to fully utilize the abilities of this board, you are required to register as a member. Registration is free, and allows you to do lots of things including turning on or off certain features of this board. Register now!