craftleft.gif (3002 bytes)QuickTable
Home | API | Tutorial | Download | Support | Contact topblack.gif (108 bytes)

QuickTable User Cp  |  Register  |  Members  |  Search  |  Help
    |- QuickTable Discussion Forums > JDBC/Database Issues Post New Topic   Post A Reply
NullPointer in Demo printer friendly version
next newest post | next oldest post
Author Messages
scheide
Private

Click here to see the profile for scheide Send email to scheide Send private message to scheide Find more posts by scheide Edit or delete this message Reply w/Quote
Posted Friday, April 27, 2007 @ 15:49:02  

Just getting started so newbie question here:

I've tried running both the QuickTableFrame and AddModifyDeleteTable demo apps. Using Netbeans 5.5 on XP sp2.

In both cases, on the line "dbTable1.refresh", I get the following error (this is after connecting to the db and from code comments seems to be when fetching data to fill the table):

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
at quick.dbtable.DBTableModel.createColumnModelFromQuery(DBTableModel.java:897)
at quick.dbtable.DBTable.createColumnModelFromQuery(DBTable.java:933)
at quick.dbtable.DBTable.refresh(DBTable.java:878)
at quicktabledemo1.QuickTableFrame.<init>(QuickTableFrame.java:51)
at quicktabledemo1.QuickTableFrame.main(QuickTableFrame.java:68)

Since I don't have the source, I'm wondering if someone can give me a clue to know where I may begin to fix the problem. The code is directly from the website demos so I don't know what I could be doing wrong. Thank you.

scheide
Private

Click here to see the profile for scheide Send email to scheide Send private message to scheide Find more posts by scheide Edit or delete this message Reply w/Quote
Posted Friday, April 27, 2007 @ 17:09:06  

I apologize for the above question. I seem to be not using the latest version of QuickTable.
Contact Us | QuickTable - A Java DBGrid | Privacy Policy All times are GMT -5 Hours.
Welcome to QuickTable Forums, Guest!  
Login
Username :
Password :
In order to fully utilize the abilities of this board, you are required to register as a member. Registration is free, and allows you to do lots of things including turning on or off certain features of this board. Register now!