craftleft.gif (3002 bytes)QuickTable
Home | API | Tutorial | Download | Support | Contact topblack.gif (108 bytes)

QuickTable User Cp  |  Register  |  Members  |  Search  |  Help
    |- QuickTable Discussion Forums > Printing issues Post New Topic   Post A Reply
PRINT by bypassing windows selection of printer printer friendly version
next newest post | next oldest post
Author Messages
Vishal
Private First Class

Click here to see the profile for Vishal Send email to Vishal Send private message to Vishal Find more posts by Vishal Edit or delete this message Reply w/Quote
Posted Thursday, March 24, 2005 @ 08:31:24    ICQ  YIM

I want to print bills for a number of clients. The bill can be put in a dbTable. I want to create the bill in dbTable and print() it and then generate next client's bill and print that and so on.... I want to 1) print the bill automatically to windows default printer, 2) know the event when 1 client's bill has been printed so that I can start working on generating next client's bill and print that? I have 4 questions:

1) Can we print directly to a printer (say windows default printer) without getting the window for selecting which printer and its properties? Currently, when we do dbTable.print() it brings up the print dialog window where we need to select which printer to print to. Can we bypass that window and print directly to default printer.

2) It seems as though print() method is multi-threaded. Is there any way to know when the printing is done of a table?

3) Another way to solve printing bills would be if I could insert page breaks in dbTable for printing. This way all of the client's bill can be put on 1 dbTable with correct page breaks. Can we put Page breaks for printing in dbTable?

4) The getBorderHeight() method in PrintProperties is not changing anything for me. Probably I have an old version. I had bought dbTable from you. The version I have is 2.0.5.7 Is there a newer version which has the fix for getBorderHeight() method?

--------------------

Admin
Board Owner

Click here to see the profile for Admin Send email to Admin Send private message to Admin Find more posts by Admin Edit or delete this message Reply w/Quote
Posted Saturday, March 26, 2005 @ 01:54:08  

Please get the latest version of quicktable.There is a new method getPrintable() available in this version which can help to resolve your problems.

1) To bypass print dialog, get printable and then do not call printJob.printDialog() as explained in API help

2) You need JDK 1.4 for this. checkout the API sample and the example http://javaalmanac.com/egs/javax.print/WaitForDone.html

3) DBTable doesn't have this feature. You need to print one by one after the previous job is complete.

4) Try the latest version, these should be fixed.

Contact Us | QuickTable - A Java DBGrid | Privacy Policy All times are GMT -5 Hours.
Welcome to QuickTable Forums, Guest!  
Login
Username :
Password :
In order to fully utilize the abilities of this board, you are required to register as a member. Registration is free, and allows you to do lots of things including turning on or off certain features of this board. Register now!