craftleft.gif (3002 bytes)QuickTable
Home | API | Tutorial | Download | Support | Contact topblack.gif (108 bytes)

QuickTable User Cp  |  Register  |  Members  |  Search  |  Help
    |- QuickTable Discussion Forums > CellEditor/Renderer Post New Topic   Post A Reply
TextArea Not functioning. printer friendly version
next newest post | next oldest post
Author Messages
qtfan
Private

Click here to see the profile for qtfan Send email to qtfan Find more posts by qtfan Edit or delete this message Reply w/Quote
Posted Friday, April 29, 2011 @ 13:04:13  

Hi All,
I just started using quickTable. I have several questions:

1> I want to work with table with 1 timestamp datatype and 1 varchar(256) form postgresql table. I was able to bring up quickTable object and was able to do basic DML. I noticed that while cursor is in OnDateTime column sometimes a calender pops up and sometimes it does not. I don't know what is the issue but I like to have it shown up as soon as cell gets focus.

2> And this is more important. Since my second column "message" is of varchar(256) size, I thought to use TextArea component. As per the documentation I set the column as follows:
myLoggingTable.getColumn(2).setType(java.sql.Types.LONGVARCHAR);

Where myLoggingTable is DBTable object. I thought I would see nice text area! But it still shows like a TextField component. I am preliminary java developer and could not figure this out. Ideally I would like to see a text area component with 3 lines of editing space.

3> Lastly I would like to set the column width so it maintains the width even during of the frame gets changed.

How could I do this?
Appreciate any help.

Thanks,
DP.

[size=small][Edit by qtfan on [TIME]1304100313[/TIME]][/size]

Admin
Board Owner

Click here to see the profile for Admin Send email to Admin Send private message to Admin Find more posts by Admin Edit or delete this message Reply w/Quote
Posted Tuesday, May 3, 2011 @ 21:15:33  

1) is the calendar popup hiding behind the screen?

2) In textfield you won't be able to press the enter, but in textarea you should be able to type enter. In order to see the textarea, you need to increase the size of the row.
http://quicktable.org/discussion/cutecast/cutecast.pl?forum=3&thread=612

3) Try setting the resize mode
dbtable.getTable().setAutoResizeMode(JTable.AUTO_RESIZE_OFF);

Contact Us | QuickTable - A Java DBGrid | Privacy Policy All times are GMT -5 Hours.
Welcome to QuickTable Forums, Guest!  
Login
Username :
Password :
In order to fully utilize the abilities of this board, you are required to register as a member. Registration is free, and allows you to do lots of things including turning on or off certain features of this board. Register now!