craftleft.gif (3002 bytes)QuickTable
Home | API | Tutorial | Download | Support | Contact topblack.gif (108 bytes)

QuickTable User Cp  |  Register  |  Members  |  Search  |  Help
    |- QuickTable Discussion Forums > Column Post New Topic   Post A Reply
Longvarchar and Setting The Length printer friendly version
next newest post | next oldest post
Author Messages
jfribo
Private First Class

Click here to see the profile for jfribo Send email to jfribo Find more posts by jfribo Edit or delete this message Reply w/Quote
Posted Friday, June 24, 2011 @ 09:59:36  

I searched for this so maybe it's something I"m doing wrong but I get the column do c.setType(Types.LONGVARCHAR); works fine like a textarea but then I set the length to 255 and it resets it to a textbox editor (Single Line) if I set it after the setype and if I set it before it has not affect. Is this a known bug or do I need to use something else. Thanks.

c.setType(Types.LONGVARCHAR);
c.setLength(255);
Changes to a text editor

c.setLength(255);
c.setType(Types.LONGVARCHAR);
Has no affect on the length, unlimited chars can be typed.

Admin
Board Owner

Click here to see the profile for Admin Send email to Admin Send private message to Admin Find more posts by Admin Edit or delete this message Reply w/Quote
Posted Sunday, June 26, 2011 @ 22:44:44  

This is a bug. length property is not used for Longvarchar. we will look into this.
jfribo
Private First Class

Click here to see the profile for jfribo Send email to jfribo Find more posts by jfribo Edit or delete this message Reply w/Quote
Posted Monday, June 27, 2011 @ 08:05:38  

Thanks, I thought it might be. I have a quicktable that holds comments but the DB is only 256 so you can see how you might need that. Please just let me know when you have a solution. I purchased the source code and made a few changes so rather than downloading a newer version if it would be possible for you to give me the code and file names to change or just tell me which files changed that would be very helpful.

Thanks again.

Contact Us | QuickTable - A Java DBGrid | Privacy Policy All times are GMT -5 Hours.
Welcome to QuickTable Forums, Guest!  
Login
Username :
Password :
In order to fully utilize the abilities of this board, you are required to register as a member. Registration is free, and allows you to do lots of things including turning on or off certain features of this board. Register now!