| Before starting the tutorial, we need
to setup the environment. We are going to have a MS-access database & we are going to
use JDBC-ODBC driver to connect to it.
You need to have a
database, to try the tutorial. I've selected MS-Access as the database , since it is small
& easy to install. Download the database here.
Copy the quicktable.mdb file which you downloaded into any directory. You have two table
there Employee & Department.
Data Source Name
To set up a data
source called JClassDemo in Windows:
- Click Start > Settings > Control Panel
to open the Control Panel window.
- Choose ODBC (Windows NT) or 32 Bit ODBC (Windows 95/98) to launch the ODBC
Data Source Administrator tabbed dialog window.
- Click on Add to add a new data source
- Select Microsoft Access Drivers, in the listed drivers, click on
- In the next window, type in the data source name as QuickTableDemo
- Now we need to associate the database with the above name, click on
Select ... button in the database group.
- Use the Select Database window to choose the location of quicktable.mdb where you have downloaded. If you have not yet
downloaded click here.
- Close all setup
windows. Your ODBC data source is configured
Add the dowloaded bean jar file in
the class path or follow the IDE instructions to add the jar file to IDE. You also need to
have swing 1.1 or swing 1.03 in your classpath based on which quicktable you are using.
Your setup is completed. Go to the Basic Example