craftleft.gif (3002 bytes)QuickTable
Home | API | Tutorial | Download | Support | Contact topblack.gif (108 bytes)

QuickTable User Cp  |  Register  |  Members  |  Search  |  Help
    |- QuickTable Discussion Forums > Non-Database mode - Dataobjects/EJB/Hibernate/File/Array/Vector Post New Topic   Post A Reply
I have no database, I want to add the data dynamically printer friendly version
next newest post | next oldest post
Author Messages

Click here to see the profile for Find more posts by Edit or delete this message Reply w/Quote
Posted Thursday, November 8, 2007 @ 15:22:03  

1. I took the Quicktable example code
2. I want to strip out any DB access code (not using a database)
3. I want to manually add column headers
4. I want to manually add / set the data in the rows
5. I want to read the rows when they hit an "apply changes" button.

Is this possible? How?

Thanks,
Dan L

Admin
Board Owner

Click here to see the profile for Admin Send email to Admin Send private message to Admin Find more posts by Admin Edit or delete this message Reply w/Quote
Posted Thursday, November 8, 2007 @ 21:47:51  

Please refer the following discussion for
http://quicktable.org/discussion/cutecast/cutecast.pl?forum=13&thread=70

to add rows, use addRow() method

To read values for "apply changes" use getValueAt() to read the values

Click here to see the profile for Find more posts by Edit or delete this message Reply w/Quote
Posted Thursday, November 8, 2007 @ 23:49:50  

Hi,

Thanks, I managed to get it working as well with the refresh(vector) components. Now, I need to figure out how to:
a) lock a specific cell
b) handle "delete of a row" without deleting from the DB
c) change the font in the table

Thank-you again, if you have any specific help for this, I'd appreciate it.

Dan L

Admin
Board Owner

Click here to see the profile for Admin Send email to Admin Send private message to Admin Find more posts by Admin Edit or delete this message Reply w/Quote
Posted Saturday, November 10, 2007 @ 09:47:28  

Please read the custerorderdemo sample which is the following link. This will give you an idea about most of th features.
http://quicktable.org/tutorial/customerOrderDemo.htm

Next glance through the api documentation of DBtable. You can use the API top menu to access it.

For delete, you can use delete() method or delete(int[] rows) method

when you say you want to lock a column , does that mean, you don't want users to edit the cell. There are two ways to do this.

to make the whole column non editable, dbTable.getColumn(1).setReadOnly(true); or you can use CellPropertiesModel class and decide editable or not on individula cell basis.

For fonts, you can use dbtable.setFont() or using CellPropertiesModel class you can assign font for each cell.

Posted Saturday, November 10, 2007 @ 10:24:18  

Hi Admin,

Thank-you, I've gotten a lot of code from the example. I really like the code you've written, it's very clean and tidy. I've been able to setup data without database, lock columns, and change fonts as desired. Nearly got a complete integration in my product: http://www.RapidACE.com (I'd be happy to send you screen-shots where I use the table).

One of the other things I'd like (on my wish-list) is a "tree-table", row-numbers on the left, and span-cells.

Thanks,
Dan L

Contact Us | QuickTable - A Java DBGrid | Privacy Policy All times are GMT -5 Hours.
Welcome to QuickTable Forums, Guest!  
Login
Username :
Password :
In order to fully utilize the abilities of this board, you are required to register as a member. Registration is free, and allows you to do lots of things including turning on or off certain features of this board. Register now!