craftleft.gif (3002 bytes)QuickTable
Home | API | Tutorial | Download | Support | Contact topblack.gif (108 bytes)

QuickTable User Cp  |  Register  |  Members  |  Search  |  Help
    |- QuickTable Discussion Forums > UI , Look and Feel, Colors, Navigation, font, Locale Post New Topic   Post A Reply
Change default cell Navigation printer friendly version
next newest post | next oldest post
Author Messages
aurelio7
Private

Click here to see the profile for aurelio7 Send email to aurelio7 Send private message to aurelio7 Find more posts by aurelio7 Edit or delete this message Reply w/Quote
Posted Thursday, July 14, 2005 @ 07:45:44  

I would like to change the default cell navigation behaviour. Actually if I press enter the selection move from the top to the bottom and from the left to the right of the table. When I press vk_enter i would like change the behaviour so the navigations wil be from the left to thwe right and from the top to the bottom. I add a keylistener waiting for the vk_enter with this code but without luck......
Now the cursor move well fro the left to the right but everytime I press vk_enter the row change to the next.
So I invented the "table diagonal navigation"
How can I do this ??

class moveKey implements java.awt.event.KeyListener{
public void keyPressed(java.awt.event.KeyEvent e){

}
public void keyTyped(java.awt.event.KeyEvent e){

}
public void keyReleased(java.awt.event.KeyEvent e){
if(e.getKeyCode()==10){
table.selectCell(table.getSelectedRow(), table.getSelectedColumn()+1);
table.getTable().changeSelection(table.getSelectedRow(), table.getSelectedColumn()+1,false,false);
}
}
}

RYAN
Unregistered
Edit or delete this message Reply w/Quote
Posted Thursday, July 14, 2005 @ 14:50:10  

I dont really know if this is what your asking for but this is what i used to make ENTER mimmick the TAB on the table

KeyStroke enterKey = KeyStroke.getKeyStroke(KeyEvent.VK_ENTER,0);
KeyStroke tab = KeyStroke.getKeyStroke(KeyEvent.VK_TAB, 0);
InputMap tableInputMap = dBTable1.getTable().getInputMap(JComponent.WHEN_ANCESTOR_OF_FOCUSED_COMPONENT);
tableInputMap.put(enterKey, tableInputMap.get(tab));

aurelio7
Private

Click here to see the profile for aurelio7 Send email to aurelio7 Send private message to aurelio7 Find more posts by aurelio7 Edit or delete this message Reply w/Quote
Posted Thursday, July 14, 2005 @ 16:20:41  

You have understand my problem. This is the behaviour I want. Enter key == Tab key.
Very Thanks. Great support
Contact Us | QuickTable - A Java DBGrid | Privacy Policy All times are GMT -5 Hours.
Welcome to QuickTable Forums, Guest!  
Login
Username :
Password :
In order to fully utilize the abilities of this board, you are required to register as a member. Registration is free, and allows you to do lots of things including turning on or off certain features of this board. Register now!