craftleft.gif (3002 bytes)QuickTable
Home | API | Tutorial | Download | Support | Contact topblack.gif (108 bytes)

QuickTable User Cp  |  Register  |  Members  |  Search  |  Help
    |- QuickTable Discussion Forums > General QuickTable Support/Help Post New Topic   Post A Reply
refresh() method resets setEditable() printer friendly version
next newest post | next oldest post
Author Messages
r.portier{@}cs3i.fr
Unregistered
Edit or delete this message Reply w/Quote
Posted Wednesday, December 31, 1969 @ 23:59:59  

The setEditable(boolean) method of DBTable seems to be ineffective if the refresh() method is called after it.
I set DBTable properties from an XML file : properties are applied in a random order so "editable" can be set on "true" before the DBTable's sql query would be applied by calling refresh(). In this case, "editable" is set back to false by calling "refresh". Is this normal ? If it is, what other properties are modified by calling "refresh" method ?

Sincerely,

Renaud PORTIER

admin{@}quicktable.org
Unregistered

whenever refresh() method is called, the column properties will be recreated. This is the default behaviour because quicktable doesn't know whether the query is changed or not.

But if you don't want refresh() to recreate the column properties , call the method useOldColumnProperties(true) in DBTable, before you call refresh(). Please read the api documentation of the this method to know more about how to use this method.

r.portier{@}cs3i.fr
Unregistered

I still have this problem. Here is the code :

admin{@}quicktable.org
Unregistered

Please read the documentation of setEditable method. if setEditable is false, then table is not editable. if seteditable is true, then it uses the readonly property of the column to identify whether the column is editable or not. in your case, the jdbc driver tells that the column's are not editable, so the columns are still not editable, even though you have set the setEditable to true. so for each column you have to specifically say that the column is editable using setReadOnly method.

Contact Us | QuickTable - A Java DBGrid | Privacy Policy All times are GMT -5 Hours.
Welcome to QuickTable Forums, Guest!  
Login
Username :
Password :
In order to fully utilize the abilities of this board, you are required to register as a member. Registration is free, and allows you to do lots of things including turning on or off certain features of this board. Register now!