craftleft.gif (3002 bytes)QuickTable
Home | API | Tutorial | Download | Support | Contact topblack.gif (108 bytes)

QuickTable User Cp  |  Register  |  Members  |  Search  |  Help
    |- QuickTable Discussion Forums > JDBC/Database Issues Post New Topic   Post A Reply
QuickTable with Database Connection Pooling printer friendly version
next newest post | next oldest post
Author Messages
grace
Private

Click here to see the profile for grace Send email to grace Send private message to grace Find more posts by grace Edit or delete this message Reply w/Quote
Posted Thursday, January 6, 2005 @ 14:08:44  

We have an application that uses an applet to display QuickTable. Recently, this application has been ported from JDK 1.3 under WebLogic to JDK 1.4 under JBoss and are having some trouble getting the table to display data.

We use a connection pool managed by our application server. In our WebLogic version we seem to have been able to obtain a connection from the pool and use it in QuickTable (via the .setConnection call). This does not work when we use JBoss (I get the default empty table). I am uncertain if the problem is with the way JBoss does its pooling, the fact that we have upgraded to use the JDK 1.4, or if there is some other problem altogether... I am able to get QuickTable to work properly if I grab my own (non-pooled) connection for it so I don't think it's a JDK issue.

We can obtain a connection from the pool and get data to display elsewhere on the page, so I know the connection pooling is working properly. Ideally we'd like to use the pool for the QuickTable portion, too... I am hoping that someone has some suggestions that I could try???

Thanks.

Admin
Board Owner

Click here to see the profile for Admin Send email to Admin Send private message to Admin Find more posts by Admin Edit or delete this message Reply w/Quote
Posted Thursday, January 6, 2005 @ 22:50:14  

Could you enable the debug using dbTable.debug=true and then check out whether there are any exceptions in the standard output?
grace
Private

Click here to see the profile for grace Send email to grace Send private message to grace Find more posts by grace Edit or delete this message Reply w/Quote
Posted Friday, January 7, 2005 @ 13:37:18  

I tried that and did not notice any additional output in either the log of the application server or in my Java console. The only error I get is a generic one "Column 4 is not available". It is right, the column isn't there, because only 1 column (with heading "A") is displayed with no data. The data I want to display has 8 columns.

I'll keep playing around with it to see what else I can find. I'm not sure what the difference is with a normal connection and the pooled connection - that is the only difference in the code.

Contact Us | QuickTable - A Java DBGrid | Privacy Policy All times are GMT -5 Hours.
Welcome to QuickTable Forums, Guest!  
Login
Username :
Password :
In order to fully utilize the abilities of this board, you are required to register as a member. Registration is free, and allows you to do lots of things including turning on or off certain features of this board. Register now!