craftleft.gif (3002 bytes)QuickTable
Home | API | Tutorial | Download | Support | Contact topblack.gif (108 bytes)

QuickTable User Cp  |  Register  |  Members  |  Search  |  Help
    |- QuickTable Discussion Forums > General QuickTable Support/Help Post New Topic   Post A Reply
dBTable in a larger form not gaining focus printer friendly version
next newest post | next oldest post
Author Messages
Ron Troyer
Private First Class

Click here to see the profile for Ron Troyer Send email to Ron Troyer Find more posts by Ron Troyer Edit or delete this message Reply w/Quote
Posted Friday, October 29, 2004 @ 23:06:59  

Hi

I am trying to use quicktable in a larger form. I have a master detail form. The top half of the form I am using standard swing components. In the bottom half of the form, I have placed a dBTable. I have placed a focus gained listener on the dBtable, where I save the header before I start working on the detail lines. The problem I have is that when the focus leaves the last master field, it never gets to the dBtable. The focus gained listener never fires. I cannot add lines to the dbtable. It appears I have no fuctionallity. If I click back in one of the header fields, I get control back. Any Ideas? Do I need to place the focus gained listener on the dbTable.getTable()? Is this approach even feasable?

Regards
Ron Troyer

Admin
Board Owner

Click here to see the profile for Admin Send email to Admin Send private message to Admin Find more posts by Admin Edit or delete this message Reply w/Quote
Posted Sunday, October 31, 2004 @ 22:47:33  

QuickTable extend JPanel, so that might be the reason why it is not getting focus. As you suggested try adding the focuslistener to the JTable from dbTable.getTable().

If that doesn't work, then set the "setNextFocusableComponent(Component aComponent) " of the last master field to the JTable of quicktable.

Contact Us | QuickTable - A Java DBGrid | Privacy Policy All times are GMT -5 Hours.
Welcome to QuickTable Forums, Guest!  
Login
Username :
Password :
In order to fully utilize the abilities of this board, you are required to register as a member. Registration is free, and allows you to do lots of things including turning on or off certain features of this board. Register now!