craftleft.gif (3002 bytes)QuickTable
Home | API | Tutorial | Download | Support | Contact topblack.gif (108 bytes)

QuickTable User Cp  |  Register  |  Members  |  Search  |  Help
    |- QuickTable Discussion Forums > General QuickTable Support/Help Post New Topic   Post A Reply
memory leak printer friendly version
next newest post | next oldest post
Author Messages
rafalele
Unregistered
Edit or delete this message Reply w/Quote
Posted Tuesday, February 22, 2005 @ 08:25:45  

Hi, and thanks in advance.

I'm using the DBTable in a Swing MDI application.
My problem is that I have an JInternalFrame with only a DBTable.
When I close it, the window never reaches the finalize method.
The rest of my JInternalFrames in the application reach it after disposing them.
This behaviour leads me to a Memory Leak, as user can open many times the same window.

As an easy test I have made a new project with a new JInternalFrame with a DBTable
and load it using the dBTable.refresh(Vector) method, where the Vector is a Vector
of Vectors. It works OK. Loads the DBTable and closing the JInternalFrame throws the finalize method.

The next test was to set the type of a Date field column to java.util.Date type, changing the
default type used by the DBTable. I use the next two methods after getting the whole DBTable loaded:
dBTable.getColumn(4).setType(java.sql.Types.DATE);
dBTable.getColumn(4).setDateFormat("dd/MM/yyyy");
Where 4 is the index of the column that has the Date field.
Now the DBTable is correctly loaded and the column 4 now shows the desired date format. The problem is that
now the finalize method is not thrown after disposing the JInternalFrame.
Taking out the second line (dBTable.getColumn(4).setDateFormat("dd/MM/yyyy");) only makes the table to show
the default date format, but the finalize method is not thrown.

If you want I can send you my java test files to prove it.

Admin
Board Owner

Click here to see the profile for Admin Send email to Admin Send private message to Admin Find more posts by Admin Edit or delete this message Reply w/Quote
Posted Tuesday, February 22, 2005 @ 21:02:37  

If you have added any listeners to frame/dbtable, remove them before you close internal frame.

try setting yourDBTable = null; before closing internal frame.

Also refer following url for similar problems
http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jspa?forumID=57&messageID=325385&threadID=123758

Email me a small sample code reproducing this problem, I will have a look at it.

Contact Us | QuickTable - A Java DBGrid | Privacy Policy All times are GMT -5 Hours.
Welcome to QuickTable Forums, Guest!  
Login
Username :
Password :
In order to fully utilize the abilities of this board, you are required to register as a member. Registration is free, and allows you to do lots of things including turning on or off certain features of this board. Register now!