craftleft.gif (3002 bytes)QuickTable
Home | API | Tutorial | Download | Support | Contact topblack.gif (108 bytes)

QuickTable User Cp  |  Register  |  Members  |  Search  |  Help
    |- QuickTable Discussion Forums > Column Post New Topic   Post A Reply
setting sort icon to non-sort column? printer friendly version
next newest post | next oldest post
Author Messages
converge
Corporal

Click here to see the profile for converge Send email to converge Send private message to converge Find more posts by converge Edit or delete this message Reply w/Quote
Posted Wednesday, February 16, 2005 @ 10:11:33  

is it possible to set the sort icon to a column that is not being sorted? i have a few special columns in my table where when the user clicks on column A, it will actually sort on a hidden column B (using a MouseListener). but the arrow icon is shown on column B which is hidden to the user. i would like the arrow icon to be shown on column A. thanks.
Admin
Board Owner

Click here to see the profile for Admin Send email to Admin Send private message to Admin Find more posts by Admin Edit or delete this message Reply w/Quote
Posted Wednesday, February 16, 2005 @ 23:14:02  

Currently it is not possible to set the sort icon to a column different than what is sorted.

Sort icon will be displayed on the first sort column. Is it possible to sort by column A & column B, so that the sort icon will be set on Column A.

converge
Corporal

Click here to see the profile for converge Send email to converge Send private message to converge Find more posts by converge Edit or delete this message Reply w/Quote
Posted Thursday, February 17, 2005 @ 08:33:34  

would it be possible to have the option of disabling the sort icon altogether? i don't want to confuse the user by having a sort icon appear on some columns but not all.

another question: is it possible to sort by column A ascending and column B descending at the same time? currently i can only sort by both columns ascending at the same time. thanks.

Admin
Board Owner

Click here to see the profile for Admin Send email to Admin Send private message to Admin Find more posts by Admin Edit or delete this message Reply w/Quote
Posted Thursday, February 17, 2005 @ 10:03:44  

Currently it is not possible to disable sort icon. The only workaround I can think of is to replace the icons in the jar files to an empty icon.

Currently you cannot sort multiple columns by both ascending & descending. A workaround is, if you are using database, in the sql itself specify the sort using "order by" cluase of sql

We will try to implement these features in future releases.

Contact Us | QuickTable - A Java DBGrid | Privacy Policy All times are GMT -5 Hours.
Welcome to QuickTable Forums, Guest!  
Login
Username :
Password :
In order to fully utilize the abilities of this board, you are required to register as a member. Registration is free, and allows you to do lots of things including turning on or off certain features of this board. Register now!