craftleft.gif (3002 bytes)QuickTable
Home | API | Tutorial | Download | Support | Contact topblack.gif (108 bytes)

QuickTable User Cp  |  Register  |  Members  |  Search  |  Help
    |- QuickTable Discussion Forums > General QuickTable Support/Help Post New Topic   Post A Reply
afterinsert only after commit on database ? printer friendly version
next newest post | next oldest post
Author Messages
infow
Unregistered
Edit or delete this message Reply w/Quote
Posted Monday, January 30, 2006 @ 05:38:28  

hi, i had some things to do after inserting a new line
BUT the afterinsert(int row) is calling after the line is inserting INTO the table but NOT after inserting in the database
(i make a commit myself and don't let the table handled the connection)

So the problem is when this function is runnning and the line is never inserting into the database (because the user is going out from the appli without comit)

is there's a possibility to have the function running AFTer inserting into database and not after inserting table (like now) ?

thank and have a nice day

Admin
Board Owner

Click here to see the profile for Admin Send email to Admin Send private message to Admin Find more posts by Admin Edit or delete this message Reply w/Quote
Posted Monday, January 30, 2006 @ 10:34:57  

afterInsert() will be called after the record is inserted in database, NOT after inserting into the table.

I think what is happenning here is, after the record is inserted into the table, quicktable receives one of the following event

1) save() called
2) focus lost from the current row

so quicktable tries to immediately save the record. You can turn the debug on and check this.

Contact Us | QuickTable - A Java DBGrid | Privacy Policy All times are GMT -5 Hours.
Welcome to QuickTable Forums, Guest!  
Login
Username :
Password :
In order to fully utilize the abilities of this board, you are required to register as a member. Registration is free, and allows you to do lots of things including turning on or off certain features of this board. Register now!