craftleft.gif (3002 bytes)QuickTable
Home | API | Tutorial | Download | Support | Contact topblack.gif (108 bytes)

QuickTable User Cp  |  Register  |  Members  |  Search  |  Help
    |- QuickTable Discussion Forums > General QuickTable Support/Help Post New Topic   Post A Reply
Can't set cursor when clicking table header printer friendly version
next newest post | next oldest post
Author Messages
converge
Corporal

Click here to see the profile for converge Send email to converge Send private message to converge Find more posts by converge Edit or delete this message Reply w/Quote
Posted Tuesday, October 21, 2008 @ 14:39:28  

I'm trying to change the cursor when the user clicks on a column (table header). This seems to only work some of the times, randomly, with no rhyme or reason. Here is my code:

Code:

dbtResults.getTableHeader().addMouseListener(new MouseAdapter() {
public void mouseClicked(MouseEvent evt) {
setCursor(Cursor.getPredefinedCursor(Cursor.WAIT_CURSOR));
try {
Thread.sleep(2000);
} catch (Exception e) {}
setCursor(Cursor.getDefaultCursor());
}

public void mouseReleased(MouseEvent evt) {}
});

Admin
Board Owner

Click here to see the profile for Admin Send email to Admin Send private message to Admin Find more posts by Admin Edit or delete this message Reply w/Quote
Posted Tuesday, October 21, 2008 @ 16:01:59  

mouseClicked() method will be called in EventDispatcherThread, I am not sure what will be the impact of adding a sleep in EventDispatcherThread.

Try to add the cursor change in the following method

DBTableEventListener.onSortColumn(int column, boolean ascending) . This method will be called when user click the column header.

converge
Corporal

Click here to see the profile for converge Send email to converge Send private message to converge Find more posts by converge Edit or delete this message Reply w/Quote
Posted Wednesday, October 22, 2008 @ 10:13:44  

Actually, I'm not supposed to use the Thread.sleep() call in my code. I only put it there to suspend the program long enough to see if the cursor changes or not. The real code should be:

Code:

dbtResults.getTableHeader().addMouseListener(new MouseAdapter() {
public void mouseClicked(MouseEvent evt) {
setCursor(Cursor.getPredefinedCursor(Cursor.WAIT_CURSOR));
dbtResults.sortByColumn(2, true);
setCursor(Cursor.getDefaultCursor());
}

public void mouseReleased(MouseEvent evt) {}
});

Basically, I want a "wait" cursor for when the table is sorting, and then to revert to the default cursor when it's done.

Admin
Board Owner

Click here to see the profile for Admin Send email to Admin Send private message to Admin Find more posts by Admin Edit or delete this message Reply w/Quote
Posted Wednesday, October 22, 2008 @ 14:28:10  

Is the mouseclicked method getting invoked when you click the header?

Is it possible the sorting is fast, that the cursor is quickly switched back to default?

converge
Corporal

Posted Wednesday, October 22, 2008 @ 14:33:41  

Yes, the event is being called but the cursor is not changing. I'm sorting on ~200,000 rows so it actually takes around 3-4 seconds to perform. A client was complaining that they didn't know what was happening when they clicked the header because there was no cursor indication.
Admin
Board Owner

Posted Monday, October 27, 2008 @ 08:43:03  

Instead of calling dbtable.setCursor, you can get the Jtable used by Quicktable and try to set the cursor.
dbtable.getTable().setCursor(Cursor.getPredefinedCursor(Cursor.WAIT_CURSOR));
Contact Us | QuickTable - A Java DBGrid | Privacy Policy All times are GMT -5 Hours.
Welcome to QuickTable Forums, Guest!  
Login
Username :
Password :
In order to fully utilize the abilities of this board, you are required to register as a member. Registration is free, and allows you to do lots of things including turning on or off certain features of this board. Register now!