craftleft.gif (3002 bytes)QuickTable
Home | API | Tutorial | Download | Support | Contact topblack.gif (108 bytes)

QuickTable User Cp  |  Register  |  Members  |  Search  |  Help
    |- QuickTable Discussion Forums > General QuickTable Support/Help Post New Topic   Post A Reply
Push changed values in a tabbed application printer friendly version
next newest post | next oldest post
Author Messages
yeffa
Private

Click here to see the profile for yeffa Send email to yeffa Find more posts by yeffa Edit or delete this message Reply w/Quote
Posted Friday, December 14, 2007 @ 12:39:39  

i've build an application with different tabs with dipendent data between the tabs. So may happen that i change a value in the first tab (i.e : price)
and in the second tab this value is used and performed a calculation.When i move between tabs i'm forced to execute "dbtable.refresh"
everytime,spending so much time for the refresh and calculations.

It's possible to implement a push mechanism to save updates? In other words,some mechanism that notify only the interested records that use the base data.

A little example :

TAB1

name,price

chicken 50
salt 10
sugar 20(changed)
milk 22

TAB2

name,price

sweet milk 10+22=32 (interested to the change)
salt chicken 60 (not interested)

thanks

[Edit by yeffa on Friday, December 14, 2007 @ 12:44:25]

Admin
Board Owner

Click here to see the profile for Admin Send email to Admin Send private message to Admin Find more posts by Admin Edit or delete this message Reply w/Quote
Posted Sunday, December 16, 2007 @ 08:33:25  

Use a DBTableCellListener on parent table. when user modifies the cell, onCellValueChange method will be called. do the calculation and set the value into child table using child.setValueAt()

Refer following demo code to see how to use DBTableCellListener
/tutorial/customerOrderDemo.htm

Contact Us | QuickTable - A Java DBGrid | Privacy Policy All times are GMT -5 Hours.
Welcome to QuickTable Forums, Guest!  
Login
Username :
Password :
In order to fully utilize the abilities of this board, you are required to register as a member. Registration is free, and allows you to do lots of things including turning on or off certain features of this board. Register now!